The aircrafts

The 2 pioneers Jean Stampe and Maurice Vertongen founded their flight school and aircraft factory in Antwerp, anno 1923.  Together with Jan Olieslagers, also known as ‘Antwerp Devil’, they were, amongst others, the driving forces in the development of Antwerp Airport.

The SV4, designed in the early 1930’s was originally a tour and training aircraft.

Our SV4, serial number 416, built in the French Stampe factory in 1946 flew for many years under matriculation F-BCQZ in French aero clubs.
Once moved to Belgium, in 1974, the call sign changed to OO-KAT.
A modern Lycoming injection engine AEIO-360, 180 HP, replaced the original motor.
Our OO-KAT was the first SV4 worldwide to undergo this engine conversion, followed by many others worldwide.
Ever Since 2001, our aircraft OO-KAT is home based in the hangar of the Stampe Museum at the International Airport of Antwerp.